Re: 1812 Battle of the Thames

  • Andrew Flint
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 19, 2013
      The problem my be that the form is a Microsoft Word document. If you right click on this and select "save as" it might work:

      http://www.battleofthethames.ca/content/battleofthethames_reenactors/reenactors_form.doc

      On 2013-06-18, at 10:55 PM, "Kathryn41" <kathryn.schwenger41@...> wrote:

      > Hi Mark,
      >
      > I have the same problem. I can get the Re-enactor Registration general information but the link to the actual registration form doesn't work for me either. Do you need to do something to set it to be accessible outside of Canada?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Kathryn

    • Kathryn41
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 19, 2013
        Thanks Andrew,

        That worked. I have Microsoft Word installed and the information opened in Microsoft Word, but the link just was not active.

        Kathryn

        On 2013-06-18, at 10:55 PM, "Kathryn41" <kathryn.schwenger41@...> wrote:

        > Hi Mark,
        >
        > I have the same problem. I can get the Re-enactor Registration general information but the link to the actual registration form doesn't work for me either. Do you need to do something to set it to be accessible outside of Canada?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Kathryn

      • Mark Dickerson
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 3, 2013
          Please continue to send in your registrations to the Battle of the Thames.
          You can either go to the website and download the form, or use the
          attachment at the end of this email.

          There are only about 30 free dance tickets left and they are going fast.
          After they are gone, then it will be $30 to attend the dance. Supper
          tickets cost $55. Contact me and I will let you know how to pay.

          Once again, Friday is Ed Day. You are welcome to attend and set up on
          Thursday. Please do not arrive and try to set up between 8 and 4 on Friday.

          Mark Dickerson

          Last name: ____________________ First name: _______________

          Address: ________________

          _______________

          _________________

          _________________

          Phone: _______________ Email: ___________

          Please list all minors that are 15 or younger that will accompany you.

          ________________________ ____________________________

          ________________________ ____________________________

          Are you with: Native___ British______ American _______

          Are you a combatant? Yes_____ No______

          Unit: _______________________

          Tent type: period________ modern __________

          Do you wish to attend the Ball at the Forks on Saturday night? Yes__ No__

          Supper, dance & late buffet: $55

          Dance & late buffet only $30 __

          (Note: the first 100 to register, will receive free dance tickets. )

          I agree to be a volunteer of Heritage Days(registered Canadian Charity) for
          the duration of the Battle of the Thames-2013 event, Oct 4th-Oct 6th, 2013.

          Signed ________________________________ Date:
          _________________________

          Adult sign if 16 or 17 years old: _________________________________________

          Email this form to: registration@...

          Or mail to: Battle of the Thames, 1032 Dufferin Ave, Wallaceburg, Ontario,
          N8A 2V8

        • Mark Dickerson
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 17, 2013

            More updates for the Battle of the Thames.

            Registration: STILL open!  Go to www.battleofthethames.ca and click on “re-enactor registration” not the pop up window

                            Sign your form onsite when you arrive.

            Location: 14376 Longwoods Road, Thamesville, Ontario

            Thursday Oct 3rd: set up allowed after 12 noon

            Friday Oct 4th: Education Day- roads are closed from 8AM to 4PM and no vehicles or set up allowed on site

            Saturday Oct 5th: Battle Day- camp opens 10AM, morning British battalion Drill, noon troops depart for retreat along the Thames, 2:30 battle, camp closes at 5PM, supper guests           depart for Ball at the Forkes in Chatham.  Tickets are still available for the supper and/ or the dance

            Sunday Oct 6th- NO PUBLIC-morning memorial service, afternoon countryside battle covering forest, swamp, open fields (400 acres), depart for home, any time after 12 noon.

            Food:  breakfast available for purchase/

                            Supplied food: onions, potatoes, carrots, bread, peppers, and ½ lb stewing beef/ available starting Friday

            Firepits: allowed and wood supplied

            Straw: not supplied

            Direct questions to me,

            Mark Dickerson

            president@...

          • tom4141fournier
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 7, 2013

              I would like to send out congratulations and a hearty thank you to the organizing committee for the Battle of the Thames on behalf of the 41st Regiment.

              While we were not pleased with the role we had to play, we also realize that you cannot change history!

              It really appeared that this had all the hallmarks of exceptional organization.  The massive crowd on Saturday was a testament to that!

              How fortunate that the weather held for Friday and Saturday and another example of the foresight of the committee was to have the fields planted with ground cover for the season so that even with the rain yesterday, everyone was able to get their vehicles in and out with ease.

              I cannot begin to imagine how many hours went into organizing and running this event.  Congratulations on a great outcome we really appreciate your hard work.

              Your most humble and obedient Servant,

              Tom Fournier, Captain

              41st Regiment of Foot