Battle of the Thames

  • Mark Dickerson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 18, 2013
      The Battle of the Thames registration page is now operational. Please go to
      www.battleofthethames.ca and click on "Re-enactor Registration". The
      're-enactor information' and 're-enactor registration' pages will pop up.
      Simply click on 'registration' and a word document will open. Simply fill
      it in and return via email or snail mail to
      <mailto:registration@...> registration@...

      Historic Merchants please click on "Vendors" and a 'period vendors' tab will
      come up. Please fill out the form and send it to our beloved Susan Spencer.

      All participants need to register and sign in when they arrive in order to
      be covered by the insurance policy due to the fact that we have horses on
      site and participating in the battle.

      The Battle of the Thames is going to be at 14376 Longwoods Road near
      Thamesville, Ontario.

      Raw food will be provided for units to cook on their own.

      SCHEDULE

      Thursday Oct 3rd- Set up day for all merchants and re-enactors who wish to
      be onsite for Friday.

      Friday Oct 4th is Education Day. Please do not arrive and try to set up
      while the kids are on site.

      Saturday Oct 5th- BATTLE OF THE THAMES and the BALL AT THE FORKES

      Sunday Oct 6th- NO public in attendance, re-enactor only battle and
      commemoration services.

      The Battle of the Thames is going to try and duplicate the original battle
      as reasonably accurate as possible. If the artillery units would be willing
      to participate as either British or American militia, then that would be
      great as no artillery was used during the original battle. Also, if as many
      people as possible are willing to dress as US militia or regulars, that will
      also help. Harrison had about 3500 troops (2300 militia), Tecumseh had
      roughly 500 followers left, and Procter had about 800 regulars. I would
      really like to impress to the public just how outnumbered the 41st Regiment
      and Tecumseh's followers were.

      On Sunday everybody can go back to their original units to participate in
      the "re-enactor only" cross country battle. This will be travelling across
      fields, forests and streams with a very loose script, much like Maryland was
      a few years ago. Sunday IS NOT open to the public.

      Saturday night is the Ball at the Forkes. There is a supper, period dance
      and late night buffet with free bussing to and from the dance. It is going
      to be held at the historic Essex and Kent Regimental Armoury in Chatham. It
      is open to everybody. The FIRST 100 PEOPLE TO REGISTER will receive free
      tickets to the dance and late night buffet. After that the cost is $30. If
      you want to attend the supper, the cost is $55 for everything. Please
      indicate your choice on the registration form.

      All these details are in the re-enactor information page or contact me
      directly with questions.

      Mark Dickerson

      Battle of the Thames-2013

    • JOHN GREIG
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 18, 2013
        Hello Mark,
        I am sorry to bother you here but the link for registration for The Thames will
        not upen for me.
        Can you please register us and reserve tickets for the dance?

        .John  & Eleanor Greig

        56, High Street, Titchmarsh, Kettering,
        Northamptonshire.  NN14 3DF.
        Tele:      01832 732362
        Mobile:  07727 236052
        Email:     je.greig@...

        The Battle of the Thames registration page is now operational. Please go to
        www.battleofthethames.ca and click on "Re-enactor Registration". The
        're-enactor information' and 're-enactor registration' pages will pop up.
        Simply click on 'registration' and a word document will open. Simply fill
        it in and return via email or snail mail to
        <mailto:mailto:registration%40battleofthethames.ca> mailto:registration%40battleofthethames.ca

[...]

      • Kathryn41
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 18, 2013
          Hi Mark,

          I have the same problem. I can get the Re-enactor Registration general information but the link to the actual registration form doesn't work for me either. Do you need to do something to set it to be accessible outside of Canada?

          Thanks,

          Kathryn

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 19, 2013
            The problem my be that the form is a Microsoft Word document. If you right click on this and select "save as" it might work:

            http://www.battleofthethames.ca/content/battleofthethames_reenactors/reenactors_form.doc

            On 2013-06-18, at 10:55 PM, "Kathryn41" <kathryn.schwenger41@...> wrote:

            > Hi Mark,
            >
            > I have the same problem. I can get the Re-enactor Registration general information but the link to the actual registration form doesn't work for me either. Do you need to do something to set it to be accessible outside of Canada?
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Kathryn

          • Kathryn41
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 19, 2013
              Thanks Andrew,

              That worked. I have Microsoft Word installed and the information opened in Microsoft Word, but the link just was not active.

              Kathryn

              On 2013-06-18, at 10:55 PM, "Kathryn41" <kathryn.schwenger41@...> wrote:

              > Hi Mark,
              >
              > I have the same problem. I can get the Re-enactor Registration general information but the link to the actual registration form doesn't work for me either. Do you need to do something to set it to be accessible outside of Canada?
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Kathryn

            • Mark Dickerson
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 3, 2013
                Please continue to send in your registrations to the Battle of the Thames.
                You can either go to the website and download the form, or use the
                attachment at the end of this email.

                There are only about 30 free dance tickets left and they are going fast.
                After they are gone, then it will be $30 to attend the dance. Supper
                tickets cost $55. Contact me and I will let you know how to pay.

                Once again, Friday is Ed Day. You are welcome to attend and set up on
                Thursday. Please do not arrive and try to set up between 8 and 4 on Friday.

                Mark Dickerson

                Last name: ____________________ First name: _______________

                Address: ________________

                _______________

                _________________

                _________________

                Phone: _______________ Email: ___________

                Please list all minors that are 15 or younger that will accompany you.

                ________________________ ____________________________

                ________________________ ____________________________

                Are you with: Native___ British______ American _______

                Are you a combatant? Yes_____ No______

                Unit: _______________________

                Tent type: period________ modern __________

                Do you wish to attend the Ball at the Forks on Saturday night? Yes__ No__

                Supper, dance & late buffet: $55

                Dance & late buffet only $30 __

                (Note: the first 100 to register, will receive free dance tickets. )

                I agree to be a volunteer of Heritage Days(registered Canadian Charity) for
                the duration of the Battle of the Thames-2013 event, Oct 4th-Oct 6th, 2013.

                Signed ________________________________ Date:
                _________________________

                Adult sign if 16 or 17 years old: _________________________________________

                Email this form to: registration@...

                Or mail to: Battle of the Thames, 1032 Dufferin Ave, Wallaceburg, Ontario,
                N8A 2V8

              • Mark Dickerson
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 17, 2013

                  More updates for the Battle of the Thames.

                  Registration: STILL open!  Go to www.battleofthethames.ca and click on “re-enactor registration” not the pop up window

                                  Sign your form onsite when you arrive.

                  Location: 14376 Longwoods Road, Thamesville, Ontario

                  Thursday Oct 3rd: set up allowed after 12 noon

                  Friday Oct 4th: Education Day- roads are closed from 8AM to 4PM and no vehicles or set up allowed on site

                  Saturday Oct 5th: Battle Day- camp opens 10AM, morning British battalion Drill, noon troops depart for retreat along the Thames, 2:30 battle, camp closes at 5PM, supper guests           depart for Ball at the Forkes in Chatham.  Tickets are still available for the supper and/ or the dance

                  Sunday Oct 6th- NO PUBLIC-morning memorial service, afternoon countryside battle covering forest, swamp, open fields (400 acres), depart for home, any time after 12 noon.

                  Food:  breakfast available for purchase/

                                  Supplied food: onions, potatoes, carrots, bread, peppers, and ½ lb stewing beef/ available starting Friday

                  Firepits: allowed and wood supplied

                  Straw: not supplied

                  Direct questions to me,

                  Mark Dickerson

                  president@...

                • tom4141fournier
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 7, 2013

                    I would like to send out congratulations and a hearty thank you to the organizing committee for the Battle of the Thames on behalf of the 41st Regiment.

                    While we were not pleased with the role we had to play, we also realize that you cannot change history!

                    It really appeared that this had all the hallmarks of exceptional organization.  The massive crowd on Saturday was a testament to that!

                    How fortunate that the weather held for Friday and Saturday and another example of the foresight of the committee was to have the fields planted with ground cover for the season so that even with the rain yesterday, everyone was able to get their vehicles in and out with ease.

                    I cannot begin to imagine how many hours went into organizing and running this event.  Congratulations on a great outcome we really appreciate your hard work.

                    Your most humble and obedient Servant,

                    Tom Fournier, Captain

                    41st Regiment of Foot