Introductory post

  • ralf_1958
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2013
      Hello everyone. My name is Ralph White, living out in West Texas, USA.

      I am an Army veteran with 18 years in uniform. I'm now a safety manager for an oil well service company, and finishing up a Bachelors degree in Business Admin.

      I am primarily a civil war reenactor of Company H, 5th Texas Infantry, but have recently started portraying a member of the Alabama Red Rovers (Texas Revolution). Although I have all the correct equipment to be a line infantryman, I usually portray a drummer.

      Many of the soldiers involved in the Texas War of Independence were 1812 veterans. The military weapons used in 1812 were prized possessions of the rag-tag Texians whenever they could acquire them. Some Texian units even wore leftover 1812 uniforms. The tactics and drills of the US were adopted by the Texians. My interest in joining the group is to find out more about the men, tactics and equipment of 1812 in order to be not only a better Texian reenactor, but to teach what I learn to others in my group so they have more detailed knowledge.

      Thank you.

      Ralph
    • Soo
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2013