Attention Glengarry Light Infantry.

  • ROB
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2013
      Hello Glennies.

      I was in Ottawa on business today when I read the following article in the Ottawa Citizen.

      http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Cemetery+discovery+brings+history+life/8501835/story.html

      Apparently, 3 of your men, all brothers who fought in the War of 1812, are buried in a cemetery near Pembroke. Perhaps you already knew of this. However, if you'd like, I have a copy of the paper and will be at Fort York this weekend if you want to have the original.

      The article goes on to say that there will be a ceremony in September involving the dedication of a new gravestone, etc.

      Feel free to contact me at Fort York.

      All the best

      Rob McGuire
      Private