1812 Re: Stoney Creek ...AWESOME!

  • Ross Flowers
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2013
      Matt, we incorporated The Dead March we last played at Brock's Funeral, into the Sunday morning service. Hope you caught it

      Drums

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Matt Lanteigne <matt_lanteigne@...> wrote:

      > Agreed. I haven't been doing 1812 for long (just over 2 years) but the
      > night battle on Saturday, was by far one of the best I've been a part
      > of. Thanks to everyone for making that a spectacular event.
      >
      > Matt Lanteigne
      >
      > On 03/06/2013 8:32 AM, Ross Flowers wrote:
      > >
      > > What a wonderful bicentennial celebration!! A great way to honour
      > > those who have fallen.
      > > Thank you to all of those who's hard work made this weekend possible
      > >
      > > Drums
      > >
      > > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com <mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > "tom4141fournier" <tom4141fournier@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > To all of our dear friends on the organizing committee and amongst
      > > the staff and volunteers; you did an incredible job and made the
      > > bicentennial commemoration one to remember.
      > > >
      > > > Congratulations and thank you!
      > > >
      > > > On behalf of the 41st Regiment of Foot,
      > > >
      > > > Tom Fournier, Captain
      > > >

      > --
      > *Matt Lanteigne*
      > AKA - Lorny or Magnus

    • Matt Lanteigne
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2013
        Oh I did Ross...gave me just as many chills and goose bumps as it did at
        Brock's Funeral. I managed to get a clip of it too. You guys were
        outstanding. Thank you so much Ross.

        Matt Lanteigne

        On 03/06/2013 5:13 PM, Ross Flowers wrote:

        > Matt, we incorporated The Dead March we last played at Brock's
        > Funeral, into the Sunday morning service. Hope you caught it
        >
        > Drums
        >
        > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com <mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > Matt Lanteigne <matt_lanteigne@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Agreed. I haven't been doing 1812 for long (just over 2 years) but the
        > > night battle on Saturday, was by far one of the best I've been a part
        > > of. Thanks to everyone for making that a spectacular event.
        > >
        > > Matt Lanteigne
        > >
        > > On 03/06/2013 8:32 AM, Ross Flowers wrote:
        > > >
        > > > What a wonderful bicentennial celebration!! A great way to honour
        > > > those who have fallen.
        > > > Thank you to all of those who's hard work made this weekend possible
        > > >
        > > > Drums
        > > >
        > > > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com>
        > <mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com>,

        > > > the staff and volunteers; you did an incredible job and made the
        > > > bicentennial commemoration one to remember.

        > > --
        > > *Matt Lanteigne*
        > > AKA - Lorny or Magnus

        *Matt Lanteigne*
        AKA - Lorny or Magnus

      • shayna121
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 9, 2013
          I wanted to take the opportunity (late though it is) to say thank you to all the women that helped out with the memorial on Saturday evening. When Jim said that every soldier who died had a wife or a mother or a sister, and the first lantern went out, I choked up a bit. It was a moving experience, and I'm glad it worked out so well. Thank you especially to Ruthanne who recruited many of the women and their lanterns.

          Chris McKay