Re: Stoney Creek ...AWESOME!

  • Ross Flowers
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2013
      What a wonderful bicentennial celebration!! A great way to honour those who have fallen.
      Thank you to all of those who's hard work made this weekend possible

      Drums

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "tom4141fournier" <tom4141fournier@...> wrote:

      > To all of our dear friends on the organizing committee and amongst the staff and volunteers; you did an incredible job and made the bicentennial commemoration one to remember.
      >
      > Congratulations and thank you!
      >
      > On behalf of the 41st Regiment of Foot,
      >
      > Tom Fournier, Captain

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2013
        It looked pretty darn cool all around. I also know, as many of you also know, that Sue Ramsay has gone to bat for the event over the years when others wanted to change it or scrub it.

        I don't want to disparage recent combat veterans of the modern British Army because it was great to have a service band there but Ross - your crew looked sharper and tighter. Just sayin' - that's all.

        The comments from the public on the battles and on the 'nice folks in the camp' were glowing.

        Rob and Peter's ideas for the close of the Saturday night battle - brilliant!

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Ross Flowers" <drums1812@...> wrote:

        > What a wonderful bicentennial celebration!! A great way to honour those who have fallen.
        > Thank you to all of those who's hard work made this weekend possible
        >
        > Drums
        >

        > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "tom4141fournier" <tom4141fournier@> wrote:
        > >
        > > To all of our dear friends on the organizing committee and amongst the staff and volunteers; you did an incredible job and made the bicentennial commemoration one to remember.
        > >
        > > Congratulations and thank you!
        > >
        > > On behalf of the 41st Regiment of Foot,
        > >
        > > Tom Fournier, Captain

      • Matt Lanteigne
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2013
          Agreed. I haven't been doing 1812 for long (just over 2 years) but the
          night battle on Saturday, was by far one of the best I've been a part
          of. Thanks to everyone for making that a spectacular event.

          Matt Lanteigne

          --
          *Matt Lanteigne*
          AKA - Lorny or Magnus

        • Ross Flowers
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2013
            Thank you for your kind comments

            Drums

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jhill@...> wrote:

            > It looked pretty darn cool all around. I also know, as many of you also know, that Sue Ramsay has gone to bat for the event over the years when others wanted to change it or scrub it.
            >
            > I don't want to disparage recent combat veterans of the modern British Army because it was great to have a service band there but Ross - your crew looked sharper and tighter. Just sayin' - that's all.
            >
            > The comments from the public on the battles and on the 'nice folks in the camp' were glowing.
            >
            > Rob and Peter's ideas for the close of the Saturday night battle - brilliant!
            >

            > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Ross Flowers" <drums1812@> wrote:
            > >
            > > What a wonderful bicentennial celebration!! A great way to honour those who have fallen.
            > > Thank you to all of those who's hard work made this weekend possible
            > >
            > > Drums
            > >

            > > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "tom4141fournier" <tom4141fournier@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > To all of our dear friends on the organizing committee and amongst the staff and volunteers; you did an incredible job and made the bicentennial commemoration one to remember.
            > > >
            > > > Congratulations and thank you!
            > > >
            > > > On behalf of the 41st Regiment of Foot,
            > > >
            > > > Tom Fournier, Captain

          • Ross Flowers
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2013
              Matt, we incorporated The Dead March we last played at Brock's Funeral, into the Sunday morning service. Hope you caught it

              Drums

              --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Matt Lanteigne <matt_lanteigne@...> wrote:

              > Agreed. I haven't been doing 1812 for long (just over 2 years) but the
              > night battle on Saturday, was by far one of the best I've been a part
              > of. Thanks to everyone for making that a spectacular event.
              >
              > Matt Lanteigne
              >
              > On 03/06/2013 8:32 AM, Ross Flowers wrote:
              > >
              > > What a wonderful bicentennial celebration!! A great way to honour
              > > those who have fallen.
              > > Thank you to all of those who's hard work made this weekend possible
              > >
              > > Drums
              > >
              > > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com <mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > > "tom4141fournier" <tom4141fournier@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > To all of our dear friends on the organizing committee and amongst
              > > the staff and volunteers; you did an incredible job and made the
              > > bicentennial commemoration one to remember.
              > > >
              > > > Congratulations and thank you!
              > > >
              > > > On behalf of the 41st Regiment of Foot,
              > > >
              > > > Tom Fournier, Captain
              > > >

              > --
              > *Matt Lanteigne*
              > AKA - Lorny or Magnus

            • Matt Lanteigne
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 4, 2013
                Oh I did Ross...gave me just as many chills and goose bumps as it did at
                Brock's Funeral. I managed to get a clip of it too. You guys were
                outstanding. Thank you so much Ross.

                Matt Lanteigne

                On 03/06/2013 5:13 PM, Ross Flowers wrote:

                > Matt, we incorporated The Dead March we last played at Brock's
                > Funeral, into the Sunday morning service. Hope you caught it
                >
                > Drums
                >
                > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com <mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > Matt Lanteigne <matt_lanteigne@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Agreed. I haven't been doing 1812 for long (just over 2 years) but the
                > > night battle on Saturday, was by far one of the best I've been a part
                > > of. Thanks to everyone for making that a spectacular event.
                > >
                > > Matt Lanteigne
                > >
                > > On 03/06/2013 8:32 AM, Ross Flowers wrote:
                > > >
                > > > What a wonderful bicentennial celebration!! A great way to honour
                > > > those who have fallen.
                > > > Thank you to all of those who's hard work made this weekend possible
                > > >
                > > > Drums
                > > >
                > > > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
                > <mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com>
                > <mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com>,

                > > > the staff and volunteers; you did an incredible job and made the
                > > > bicentennial commemoration one to remember.

                > > --
                > > *Matt Lanteigne*
                > > AKA - Lorny or Magnus

                *Matt Lanteigne*
                AKA - Lorny or Magnus

              • shayna121
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 9, 2013
                  I wanted to take the opportunity (late though it is) to say thank you to all the women that helped out with the memorial on Saturday evening. When Jim said that every soldier who died had a wife or a mother or a sister, and the first lantern went out, I choked up a bit. It was a moving experience, and I'm glad it worked out so well. Thank you especially to Ruthanne who recruited many of the women and their lanterns.

                  Chris McKay