Re: : Excellent Video of Queenston Heights

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2013
      This is a segment from the CBC series "Canada, a People's History" episode A question of Loyalties".

      Mike Jansen
      2nd Lincoln Militia

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, lee@... wrote:

      > ____________________________________
      >

      > Dear Friends -
      >
      > I have no idea how or when this video was shot,
      > but it is the best reenactment video of the Battle
      > of Queenston Heights I've ever seen. Whomever
      > produced this did an outstanding job.
      >
      > This is an ideal 7-minute presentation that
      > everyone -- from history buffs to the 99% who
      > aren't -- can understand and appreciate.
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFxfy2YItNU
      >
      > Does anyone know the origins of this video?
      > Was it produced by the government, or for TV?
      >
      > Kudos to the film makers!
      >
      > Lee Simonson, Volunteer
      > Historical Association of Lewiston, NY

    • JohnH
      Message 2 of 4 , May 17, 2013
        Lee
        The video clip is from Canada : A People's History.It was made by the CBC and first broadcast in 2000. You can see the whole series here: http://www.ovguide.com/tv/canada_a_people_s_history.htm#
        Regards
        John Harris

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, lee@... wrote:

        > ____________________________________
        >

        > Dear Friends -
        >
        > I have no idea how or when this video was shot,
        > but it is the best reenactment video of the Battle
        > of Queenston Heights I've ever seen. Whomever
        > produced this did an outstanding job.
        >
        > This is an ideal 7-minute presentation that
        > everyone -- from history buffs to the 99% who
        > aren't -- can understand and appreciate.
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFxfy2YItNU
        >
        > Does anyone know the origins of this video?
        > Was it produced by the government, or for TV?
        >
        > Kudos to the film makers!
        >
        > Lee Simonson, Volunteer
        > Historical Association of Lewiston, NY

      • Paul M. Kraase