: Excellent Video of Queenston Heights

  • historic.lewiston
    Message 1 of 4 , May 16, 2013
      ____________________________________

      Dear Friends -

      I have no idea how or when this video was shot,
      but it is the best reenactment video of the Battle
      of Queenston Heights I've ever seen. Whomever
      produced this did an outstanding job.

      This is an ideal 7-minute presentation that
      everyone -- from history buffs to the 99% who
      aren't -- can understand and appreciate.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFxfy2YItNU

      Does anyone know the origins of this video?
      Was it produced by the government, or for TV?

      Kudos to the film makers!

      Lee Simonson, Volunteer
      Historical Association of Lewiston, NY
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , May 17, 2013
        This is a segment from the CBC series "Canada, a People's History" episode A question of Loyalties".

        Mike Jansen
        2nd Lincoln Militia

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, lee@... wrote:

        > ____________________________________
        >

        > Dear Friends -
        >
        > I have no idea how or when this video was shot,
        > but it is the best reenactment video of the Battle
        > of Queenston Heights I've ever seen. Whomever
        > produced this did an outstanding job.
        >
        > This is an ideal 7-minute presentation that
        > everyone -- from history buffs to the 99% who
        > aren't -- can understand and appreciate.
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFxfy2YItNU
        >
        > Does anyone know the origins of this video?
        > Was it produced by the government, or for TV?
        >
        > Kudos to the film makers!
        >
        > Lee Simonson, Volunteer
        > Historical Association of Lewiston, NY

      • JohnH
        Message 3 of 4 , May 17, 2013
          Lee
          The video clip is from Canada : A People's History.It was made by the CBC and first broadcast in 2000. You can see the whole series here: http://www.ovguide.com/tv/canada_a_people_s_history.htm#
          Regards
          John Harris

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, lee@... wrote:

          > ____________________________________
          >

          > Dear Friends -
          >
          > I have no idea how or when this video was shot,
          > but it is the best reenactment video of the Battle
          > of Queenston Heights I've ever seen. Whomever
          > produced this did an outstanding job.
          >
          > This is an ideal 7-minute presentation that
          > everyone -- from history buffs to the 99% who
          > aren't -- can understand and appreciate.
          >
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFxfy2YItNU
          >
          > Does anyone know the origins of this video?
          > Was it produced by the government, or for TV?
          >
          > Kudos to the film makers!
          >
          > Lee Simonson, Volunteer
          > Historical Association of Lewiston, NY

        • Paul M. Kraase