Re: 1812 NY State Article 265.01

  • ucmilitiagreen
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15 11:13 AM
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jhill@...> wrote:

      > You will note that most of the clauses mention intent or while committing a felony.

      True enough, except for:

      "A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth
      degree when:
      5) He possesses any dangerous or deadly weapon and is not a citizen of the United States"

      Which is the piece of legislation Canadians and other non-US citizens should be concerned about when attending reenactments in New York State. Unless something has changed.

      Raiffe.
    • Michael whittaker
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16 9:34 AM
        I read in this exchange the paranoia our American friends tend to feel about Canadian gun laws.

        Has anyone contacted Albany to get the word from the horse's mouth, or other orifice?

        Michael Whittaker

      • gary beauregard
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16 11:59 AM
          Sorry Mike, no paranoia here, regarding New York's new rule. We're only concerned for you "Northland" gentlemen.