RE: 1812 Stoney Creek

  • peter monahan
    Message 1 of 90 , May 13, 2013
      Kim Nothing to do with 1812! I was contacted recently by a gent who is helping plant a three sisters garden for the Chippewa of Rama and wants to get the correct kind of corn. So far the best I can come up with is "Iroquois White Corn", but with now source of seeds. Any thoughts on this? BTW, I'm the camp planner for Stony, so talk nice to me and I won't put you on the mezzanine level! :) Peter

      .

    • Craig Williams
      Message 90 of 90 , Apr 13 7:42 PM
        Hey there everyone!

        It's that time again. Stoney Creek is coming on June 6th and 7th.
        Registration is up on the Stoney Creek website,   http://www.battlefieldhouse.ca/reenactors.asp   .

        Battlefield House is holding their customary "History in Action" day on Thursday (no school on Friday) and would like to have some re-enactors to help.
        If you're able to help please contact Susan Ramsey.

        There will be the customary battles and entertainment and there will also be the Cast-Iron cook off on Saturday with prize money going to the winner and on Sunday the Musket fire Eliminator with a powder and flint prize!

        Please register at your earliest convenience!

        See you there,

        Craig Williams