Dunvegan

  • Soo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2013
      We are very excited to be hosting our first Education Day on Friday Sept 20th to area schools. At this moment, we are actively looking for reenactors who are willing to help assist school groups to each of the eight 20 minute stations throughout the museum, and then formerly assist with a military muster. We will be offering a stipend to help offset the expense of gunpowder.
      The Reenactment will follow on Saturday and into Sunday. Complimentary Morning Coffee, Tea and Muffins are available for participants each morning. Potable water, wood for cooking/campfires will also be provided. Beau's Brewery will be setting up again this year in the old Star Inn(the museum's historic tavern). The Saturday evening also boasts a potluck supper beneath the Williams Pavilion. I truly hope you all can join us. For more information, you can e-mail me at 1812@... or visit our website at www.glengarrypioneermuseum.ca We're on facebook too! Deadline for Education Day is on July 1, 2013 (need numbers for stipend) and the Reenactment Deadline is on September 1st! Looking forward to seeing you all in Glengarry.
      Sincerely,
      Jim Mullin, chair
      Dunvegan War of 1812 Reenactment