Living History event at Locust Lawn Museum, New Paltz, NY June 29-30th 2013

  • Will Tatum
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2013
      Greetings List,

      Locust Lawn, the 1814 home of Colonel Josiah Hasbrouck of the Ulster
      County, NY, militia, is active once more after many years in moth balls.

      On the weekend of June 29-30th, 2013, the site will hold its second War of
      1812 event. Following on the success of last November's program, our
      activities will focus on interpreting the War of 1812 in New York,
      emphasizing local connections. We are building up to a larger event for the
      house's bicentennial next year.

      We are looking for a variety of military and civilian impressions for the
      event. New York militia impressions are preferred, though quality
      impressions of all kinds are welcome to demonstrate the diversity of troops
      during the period.

      The program will be aimed at a general audience with drill and firing
      demonstrations throughout the weekend. If numbers allow, we will also have
      skirmish demonstrations. The event will include children's games,
      musicians, a blacksmith, and Silhouette Artist Jenny Lee Fowler.

      Standard amenities will be provided on-site, including use of the 1750
      Terwilliger House, a stone house on the banks of Plattekill Creek, for
      reenactor lodging.

      For more information on the event, please contact me or check out the event
      facebook page at

      https://www.facebook.com/events/309032255889501/

      For more information on Locust Lawn, please visit the site's website or
      facebook page:

      https://www.facebook.com/LocustLawn

      http://www.lgny.org/locust-lawn-farm

      Thanks very much for your interest!