Correction - Wasaga under Siege 2013 Update - New Website & Registration Open Online!

  • David Brunelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 11:11 AM
      Hi Everyone,

      Too much on my plate! The Iron Man competition at this year's Wasaga under
      Siege is dedicated in memory of Alex Montgomery. My apologies for the
      error!

      David J. Brunelle

      [Attachment(s) from David Brunelle included below]

      The Tall ShipsR Return to Georgian Bay!

      Wasaga under Siege

      "A War of 1812 Experience"

      Nancy Island Historic Site

      August 16th, 17th & 18th, 2013

      Building on the huge success of past Wasaga under Siege events, the Historic
      Military Establishment of Upper Canada in partnership with the Town of
      Wasaga Beach, Ontario Parks, Town of Collingwood and Nancy Island Historic
      Site look forward to hosting you once again from August 16th to the 18th.
      Wasaga under Siege "A War of 1812 Experience" will once again come to life
      as over 300 re-enactors will take part echoing history through the streets
      and waters of Wasaga Beach, Collingwood and Nancy Island Historic Site.

      If you have never attended Wasaga under Siege in the past or have been a
      regular for the past decade this year is certainly the one not to miss! As
      part of Ontario's War of 1812 Bicentennial Commemorations Tall ShipsR will
      be returning to the shores of Nottawasaga Bay as part of Wasaga under Siege
      2013.

      In partnership with the port of Collingwood Tall ShipsR LYNX, FRIENDS GOOD
      WILL and MADELINE will be taking part in a sail past along Beach Area 1 & 2
      on Friday evening and then participating in the planned skirmish
      re-enactment taking place on the shores of beach area two afterwards.

      Saturday's afternoon battle re-enactment event will be changing locations as
      re-enactors will be boarding buses to travel over to Collingwood to partake
      in tactical demonstrations and activities in Millennium Park as part of
      Collingwood's Tall ShipR event and activities.

      Sunday morning re-enactors will also have the opportunity to return to
      Collingwood to board and view the Tall ShipsR as bus transportation will be
      provided there and back.

      We have put together a great weekend for re-enactors and spectators alike!
      Re-enactors will enjoy a safe Grand Encampment area on Historic Nancy
      Island, water, food, entertainment, drinks, souvenir and 4 battles including
      river battles will also take place. Battles will be fought all over the
      town of Wasaga Beach and Collingwood with Tall ShipsR, parading, pillaging,
      cannons, muskets, longboats and voyageur canoes. We will be using all our
      talents and proven Wasaga under Siege 1812 hospitality to make sure all
      re-enactors & participant's alike feel welcomed and satisfied that it was
      worth the trip.

      Wasaga Beach, Ontario as many of you already know host the longest fresh
      water beach in the world and attracts thousands of tourist each day to its
      beaches and attractions. Re-enactors and their families will have the
      opportunity to enjoy the historical components of the event as well as the
      beach and modern attractions such as shopping, restaurants, waterslides,
      midway, paintball and other attractions to numerous to mention.

      Merchants, blanket traders and artisans are welcomed free of charge and we
      have a great musical line-up for the evening hospitality tent on Friday and
      Saturday.

      All re-enactors who portray any aspect of the War of 1812 are welcomed to
      participate. They include - British and American Regulars or Militia, Navy
      Personnel, Cannon Crews, Natives, Voyageurs and Men, Women & Children
      civilians.

      Sunday morning also features the Alex Montgomery Memorial Iron-man
      competition as well as the Iron-women competition that has proven to be a
      popular event not only to participate in, but to watch as well, with prizes
      going out to the winners.

      We have a brand new website so please take a look and if you are registering
      on-line please register individually or as an immediate family unit. No
      group registrations will be accepted unless pre-approved. This gives us a
      more accurate number for logistics, food and actual people attending and
      camping on the island.

      Look forward to seeing everyone in August!

      David J. Brunelle

      Co-ordinator

      WUS 2003-2013

      <http://www.wasagaundersiege1812.com> www.wasagaundersiege1812.com