[1812RoyalNavy] 1000 Islands Voyage, July 5-12, 2013

  • Tom Hurlbut
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2013
      Hello all!

      We have pretty much finalized the basic plan for the 1000 Islands Voyage to
      take place from July 5-12th along the St Lawrence River. We have a number of
      boats committed, and two tall ships, and so in order to give the villages
      some hard numbers to work with in their support of the project, I will now
      close boat applications to any further vessels.

      Start point will be Bath ON, on the weekend of July 5-7 where we will
      assemble the flotilla consisting of 9 longboats and "pinky" schooner, La
      Revenante.

      The first leg will involve departing Bath on the morning of the 7th, and
      sailing/rowing to Kingston where we'll rendezvous with brigantine Fair
      Jeanne and her whaleboat tender.

      On the morning of July 8th, we'll begin the river portion of the voyage, 10
      boats, a schooner and a brigantine, with first stop at Gananoque.

      Subsequent stops include, Rockport, Brockville, Prescott and Upper Canada
      Village.

      It is likely that there may be places on some boats for qualified and
      interested 1812 sailors, either for all or part of the trip. If you believe
      you can meet the criteria, you should approach the boats' operators for a
      potential berth.

      I remain,

      Your Most Humble and Obedient Servant,

      Thomas Hurlbut,