Re: 1812 Re: Bearskin Shako

  • Stuart Murray
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 24 3:56 PM
      Hey Chris,
      I know that the Royals (especially the lights) wouldn't have bearskins. It would be for a general portrayal of a musician during the 19 century. Mainly for living history encampments.
      Cheers
      Stuart

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 24 5:37 PM
        Who said he was doing Royal Scots?

        Kevin

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "shayna121" <PrivateCannon@...> wrote:
        1st Battalion Royal Scots did not have bearskins in either 1812 or 1816

        > Chris
        >
        > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Stuart Murray <stuartmurray1812@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Yes the 1800-1815 type.
        > >

        > > ________________________________

      • royalscotstailor
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 25 8:00 PM
          So Stuart, can I sell you one ?

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Stuart Murray <stuartmurray1812@...> wrote:

          > Hey Chris,
          > I know that the Royals (especially the lights) wouldn't have bearskins. It would be for a general portrayal of a musician during the 19 century. Mainly for living history encampments.
          > Cheers
          > Stuart
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Stuart Murray
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 26 4:16 PM
            I will be purchasing one but later on this year. So expect an order from me some time around August.
            Cheers
            Stuart

            ________________________________
            > I know that the Royals (especially the lights) wouldn't have bearskins. It would be for a general portrayal of a musician during the 19 century. Mainly for living history encampments.
            > Cheers
            > Stuart

          • moosenmoo35244
            Message 5 of 10 , May 27, 2014

              British plated bearskin shako. Handmade from real pelt. For a bucket head....size 7 3/4.

              $300...you pay actual shipping.

              Send me your email address if you want pictures.
              C. McCulloh
              moosenmoo35244 at m s n dot com