Re: Creek war issues - Massacre at Fort Mims

  • Chris Kimball
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 24, 2013
      An excellent book on the Creek War that came out last year and was edited by Kathryn E. Holland-Braund is, "Tohopeka, Rethinking the Creek War & the War of 1812," from The University of Alabama Press.

      The book is mainly the collection of papers given at the Creek War Symposium held in 2009 at Auburn University in Alabama.

      It is a fresh look at reexamining the issues of the Creek War, such as Burn Corn, Tecumseh's influence, and other things about the war that have long been misunderstood. I would highly recommend it for anyone interested in the Creek War and the causes & issues surrounding it. I found the chapter on Burnt Corn particularly enlightening.

      Chris Kimball