volunteer opportunities at Fort Meigs...

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2013
      Volunteers Needed at Fort Meigs

      For

      First Siege 1813 Bicentennial Event May 4th & 5th

      Fort Meigs is in need of community volunteers for our First Siege 1813 Bicentennial event on May 4th and 5th. We need volunteers in several areas, none of which require any previous experience or historical knowledge. In exchange for a 1.5 hour shift we will give you free admission to the event. We are looking for help with gate greeters, store helpers, food servers, and battle guides.

      Gate greeters will be posted at a tent near the entrance to the fort. Greeters will welcome folks to the event and make sure they have admission stickers. Store helpers will work inside the visitor center and help distribute admission stickers and schedules to our guests. Food service workers are needed to help prepare and/or serve food to re-enactors at lunch time both days and dinner time on Saturday. Battle guides will help make sure guests get to the proper viewing areas and not venture onto the battle tactical area during the battle re-enactments.

      To inquire about volunteering for the weekend and to discuss shift times, please contact Rick Finch at rfinch@... or call the fort at 419.874.4121

      Fort Meigs is located at 29100 West River Road in Perrysburg, Ohio. For more information on this and all of the events at Fort Meigs visit us on-line at www.fortmeigs.org