Spencerville Heritage Fair, 21-23 June -- updated info
- A Re-enactor Retreat!
With an aim of engaging new audiences in history, the Heritage Fair invites Regency and War of 1812 reenactors, English Country Dancers, Janeites, and others to partake in a relaxing weekend of learning and entertainment.
The main program is now posted at http://www.spencervillemill.ca/heritage-fair-2013.html
Key Programming includes:
- English Country Dance weekend, with a Ball on Saturday: 20 spots left out of 100
- a Guinness World Record attempt for most people dressed in Regency/Napoleonic period clothing
- Practical Workshops on Duelling 101, Dying in Battle, Historic Character Building delivered by Stage Fight Director from Stratford Festival and Artistic Director of St. Lawrence Shakespeare Festival
- Period Cooking workshop and presentations delivered by Mark Meltonville, historic kitchens' coordinator from the Hampton Court Palace in UK
- An informal panel talk-show with distinguished historians Donald E. Graves, Rene Chartrand and Maj. John Grodzinski on the "Seamy Underbelly of the Conflict, aka "Sins & Sorrows"
- A presentation by Lt.Gen Jonathon Riley, former British Deputy Commander of ISAF,
Director General of Royal Armouries and author of "A Matter of Honour" (http://www.robinbrassstudio.com/styled/index.html) on the origins of 'honour system' in the British military in 18-19th centuries.
For many additional activities, see http://www.spencervillemill.ca/heritage-fair-2013.html
All reenactors participating in the skirmish and offering an open camp experience or other programming (contact us with your ideas) will receive 2 breakfast meals, 2 dinners (incl. pork roast on Friday), $25 powder stipend (skirmish participants only) and access to ONE workshop of your choosing (subject to space limits; register early).
To register, visit http://www.spencervillemill.ca/re-enactors-or-merchants.html
To purchase tickets to workshops or the Ball, visit http://www.spencervillemill.ca/buy-tickets.html
Hope to see you in Spencerville in June.
Co-Chair, SHF 2013
Lt, 1st Grenville Regt Militia