Lundy's Lane Battlefield online petition

  • seascoutleader
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 15, 2013
      SAVE LUNDY'S LANE BATTLEFIELD
      The online petition has quickly accelerated to 220 of the 1,000 hoped-for petitions.

      Reading the list of those who have already joined the petition, I see lots of our re-enactor and many of the petitions come from diverse geographic areas.

      Please support the cause and stop this irresponsible destruction.
      If you haven't joined the petition - please do. You can remain unanonymous from the online listing.
      If you have already joined, send this link to everyone you know and let's surpass the 1,000 mark.

      Pass this link to all that will sign.

      http://www.thepetitionsite.com/773/755/462/stop-a-canadian-historical-site-from-becoming-a-parking-lot/
    • JOHN GREIG
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 15, 2013
         I am sorry but the link will not open for me.

        .John Greig

        Titchmarsh, Northamptonshire. UK

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 16, 2013
          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, JOHN GREIG <je.greig@...> wrote:
          >  I am sorry but the link will not open for me.
          John:
          Not being a top notch computer expert, I have found that sometimes, I have to copy multi-line links and then past them in the browser at the top and that works.
        • JOHN GREIG
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 16, 2013
            Thank you but it still don't work.
            Just trying to give you all some support from the UK

            .John

            ________________________________
            Subject: Re: 1812 Lundy's Lane Battlefield online petition

            --- In Not being a top notch computer expert, I have found that sometimes, I have to copy multi-line links and then past them in the browser at the top and that works.

          • Sue D & Tracy Macdonnell
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 16, 2013
              Hello Seascoutleader,

              I think this is related to the written petition we were circulating last
              season at various events, so we can add another 190 signatures to the online
              petition. I have 2 MPPs and a party leader who have committed to taking the
              petition to Queen's Park once we have 200 (or more) signatures. (This
              ground to a halt with prorogation, but is sitting again). Is there a way to
              co-ordinate our efforts so we can print off the online petition and we can
              get it in to the Legislature?

              Sue

            • Fred Briggs
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 16, 2013
                John:

                This is none of my business, but it was wondering if you had a
                problem reaching the web site, or sending the petition. If the latter it
                might be that the Petition was set up to detect where the visitor is,
                and only accept petitions from Canada and the USA, on the grounds that
                the Niagara Falls City Government won't be interested in the wishes of
                people from India and China, etc., including UK. It worked perfectly for me!
                Maybe you could give a little more detail than just "It doesn't work"!

                Fred Briggs