RE: 1812 Re: Indian Department

  • peter monahan
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 9 9:11 AM
      I agree, Andrew. No extremes! Of course you must realize that in the same way everyone who drives faster than you is an idiot and anyone who drives slower is a moron, any re-enactor who is less accurate than you is a farb and anyone more accurate a stitch Nazi! [Just kidding! Honest!] And how come none of the other kids want to play with ball loads anyway? Buncha wusses!

      Peter Monahan

      petemonahan@...
      705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell

      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      From: atlos2002@...
      Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 07:15:32 -0700
      Subject: Re: 1812 Re: Indian Department

      > Bruce is also correct: we have some responsibility to try to be accurate and educational as well as, lets not forget, having a roaring good time!

      The main thing is, fun part aside, not to take it to the extreme. Responsibility to be reasonably accurate. Anything beyond that is a talking point (e.g., "there's debate about the lace style here," "this style changed slightly though the war," and "in 1812 they would have actually loaded musket balls...")

    • Craig Williams
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 10 11:23 AM
        Not only are tricorns not common by 1812 being worn more for ceremonial purposes by very old gents,they are, for a farmer in UC very impractical.
        They provide little or no protection from the elements and require far more upkeep than a wide brim slouch hat which was very common among farmers.

        Sent from my iPhone