RE: 1812 Napoleon's accent

  • Tom Hurlbut
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 8, 2013
      When reading about Napoleon, it is often mentioned that his Corsican accent
      was source of some embarrassment to him. Seems like speaking in accented
      French would be very appropriate.

      "Major" Tom

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8, 2013
        Corsica has an Italian side and a French side. I'm descended from the di Paoli family of the Italian side. I can only assume that the French side sounded French, but perhaps had their own dialect?

        ~~DianeWms
        Write/Producer/Director

        "When Was the War of 1812?"

      • Diane Williams