Re: 1812 Napoleon's accent

  • annwass2000
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 8 7:16 AM
      But Napoleon wasn't French, either. He was Corsican--I'm sure that is yet another accent.

      Ann Wass

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8 7:41 AM
        When reading about Napoleon, it is often mentioned that his Corsican accent
        was source of some embarrassment to him. Seems like speaking in accented
        French would be very appropriate.

        "Major" Tom

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8 1:08 PM
          Corsica has an Italian side and a French side. I'm descended from the di Paoli family of the Italian side. I can only assume that the French side sounded French, but perhaps had their own dialect?

          ~~DianeWms
          Write/Producer/Director

          "When Was the War of 1812?"

        • Diane Williams