RE: 1812 Napoleon's accent

  • Victor Suthren
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 8, 2013
      I gather Napoleon spoke with a faintly Corsican accent......

      Vic Suthren

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8, 2013
        But Napoleon wasn't French, either. He was Corsican--I'm sure that is yet another accent.

        Ann Wass

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8, 2013
          When reading about Napoleon, it is often mentioned that his Corsican accent
          was source of some embarrassment to him. Seems like speaking in accented
          French would be very appropriate.

          "Major" Tom

          _____

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 8, 2013
            Corsica has an Italian side and a French side. I'm descended from the di Paoli family of the Italian side. I can only assume that the French side sounded French, but perhaps had their own dialect?

            ~~DianeWms
            Write/Producer/Director

            "When Was the War of 1812?"

          • Diane Williams