Re: 1812 Re: Battle of Crysler's Farm

  • Rob Irvine
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 6 7:59 AM
      Please be advised that the updated Friends of the Crysler's Farm Battlefield web site for the July 13 & 14, 2013 -200th Annv re-enactment registration is up and running for the event @ www.cryslersfarm.com

      If you haven't already, kindly let me know if you are planning to come and register your unit so we can buget food ,space and commemorative medal. Registere your preliminary returns with UNIT numbers/best guesses at your earliest convenience with individuals to register when they can or know their plans.

      Being the 200th annv we are planning a larger event this year with all the amenities the Friends usually supply-Plus there will be 5 free meals---free Sat. night dinner, free light breakfasts on Sat and Sun and free lunches..For the first time showers will be available-- good firewood , free ice, clean porta potties and wash stations and bottled water for field participants etc. Horses are welcome with portable stables and hay available free and all participants (volunteers) are covered by Gov't of Ontario liability insurance. Powder allowance for all artillery and a fuel stipend for 6 pdrs and larger.

      There will be a regency ball on Sat night, merchants row and tallships and longboats will be participating this year as well.

      Any questions please contact me @ rirvine4@... or PH# 613-925-5514

      Thank you. Bob Irvine Event Co-chair

      Friends of the Crysler's Farm battlefield

    • Tom Hurlbut
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 6 8:25 AM
        Registration is up and running at

        www.cryslersfarm.com <http://www.cryslersfarm.com/>

        this, courtesy Bob Irvine..

        _____

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3, 2013
          Are you going?

          Have you registered?

          The organizers require individual registrations....

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 3, 2013
            Yup.. Be arriving by boat..

            _____

            The organizers require individual registrations....

            > www.cryslersfarm.com <http://www.cryslersfarm.com/>

          • Barbossa
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 4, 2013
              Yes,

              Sgt Mike McAndrews,pvt. Gigi McAndrews, pvt Mac McAndrews, pvt Gord Coe, pvt. Grant Jackson, and camp follower Emily Coe, of the 2nd Lincoln Militia are registered and still going. We are taking the field as Americans to better serve as we are aware of the need.

              Sincerely,
              Gigi

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 4, 2013
                I suspect the original email was more of a reminder to register rather than
                a request for confirmation of registration. My response was more of an
                informal "shot" at the Colonel..

                He's fun to take "shots" at..

                "Major" Tom

                _____

                On 2013-07-03, at 4:15 PM, Craig Williams wrote:

                > Are you going?
                >
                > Have you registered?
                >
                > The organizers require individual registrations....
                >

                > > www.cryslersfarm.com <http://www.cryslersfarm.com/>

              • Craig Williams
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 4, 2013
                  The new coat is made of Kevlar.