Re: 1812 Re: Manual of Arms

  • kell
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2013
      Raoul
      As a member of the Norfolk Militia and a good friend of Bob Blakeley,
      as far as I know he did not publish any book about the drill of this
      time period. As a unit we practice using the 5th Lincoln Militia Manual
      of Arms. We also us our drill that was used by the Norfolk's in 1811, It
      is only 3 pages long and gives us a look into the past. It does not give
      any reference to where it was taken from but it does refer to the musket
      as a fire-lock witch indicates that it is from an older drill manual.

      The Norfolk's also used the
      REGULATIONS for the EXERCISE OF RIFLEMEN and LIGHT INFANTRY and
      INSTRUCTIONS FOR THEIR CONDUCT IN THE FIELD 1799 I do not know how many
      different ones are being used but these are the ones we try and work with.

      Kell Svenningsen
      Chairperson
      Norfolk Militia Heritage Regiment