Marking Military & Government Cargo

  • ucmilitiagreen
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2013
      Hello everyone,

      This article about the system used by the fur trade companies to mark their cargo for transport got me wondering what the established system was for marking government and military cargo was:

      http://www.northwestjournal.ca/XVII3.htm

      There presumably would have been a similar marking system used as the government was using the same network of ships and voyageurs to deliver its cargo to Forts and settlements across Upper Canada. The Americans may also had a similar system established. I was wondering if anyone on the list could suggest where I could find out more information?

      Thank you in advance,
      Pvt. Sculthorp.
    • tom
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2013
        This just came down through the Scriven's Mess Yahoo group and it's ACW, but it might give some insight.

        http://books.google.com/books?id=c5syAQAAMAAJ&dq=intitle:notes%20intitle:on%20intitle:preparing%20intitle:stores&pg=PA1#v=onepage&q&f=false

        Tom Robinson