Fwd: 1812 Re: Lundy's Lane battlefield: new car park & apartment building approved!

  • historic.lewiston
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2013
      Who would want to intentionally live in an apartment
      that was built on a "killing ground"?

      It would seem that the history of the
      property would make it unsavory to residential
      and commercial developers.

      At best, it is sacred ground. And at its least, it is
      spooky.

      Maybe I watch too many movies, but I'm not the
      only one.

      I can see the Americans bulldozing this type of
      property for sake of "progress" -- but Canadians?

      I don't get it.

      I wish Janice Wing and the preservationists all the
      luck in the world. The fact that the Bicentennial is
      here makes it all the more hurtful.

      Lee Simonson, an American
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27, 2013
        Good points Lee.
        Using some American leverage might get Canadians moving. Worked for Queenston. And hopefully vice versa for other upcoming events and projects.

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, lee@... wrote:

        > Who would want to intentionally live in an apartment
        > that was built on a "killing ground"?

        [snip]
        > Lee Simonson, an American

      • Colonel
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 28, 2013
          Weren't the West Point Cadets' parade uniforms based upon what the US Army wore at Lundy's Lane? Get the Academy involved.

          Tom