Re: 1812 Lundy's Lane battlefield: new car park & apartment building approved!

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Kim Lundberg <klundber@...> wrote:

      > Hello James,
      >
      > Is there a petition circulating?
      >
      > Kim Lundberg, Upper Canada Woodland Allies

      I don't know. I just cut and pasted the message out of the email newsletter I received, and posted it verbatim.

      Does anybody who lives in the Niagara Falls area know if there's a petition?

      Jim Yaworsky
    • Soo
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27, 2013
        That is indeed sad news.
        May I suggest a concerted attack, such as the one mounted several years ago to prevent the closure of Fanshawe.
        But we need a leader.

        Sue Too

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "James Yaworsky" <yawors1@...> wrote:

        > From today's issue #209 of the "Built Heritage News" e-newsletter:
        >
        > Battle of Lundy's Lane Battlefield - Rezoning
        > Niagara Falls Municipal Heritage Committee
        >
        > At a Council Meeting on 26th of February, 2013, the Niagara Falls Council rejected the advice of the the Niagara Falls Municipal Heritage Committee (MHC) in favour of advice from the local City Planners to re-zone the Culturally important Battle of Lundy's Lane Battlefield (known to the U.S. as the Battle of Bridgewater), supporting a development of an apartmentment building and worse still a car park.

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2013
          A suggestion.
          Contact Janice Wing at janice_wing(at)cogeco.ca
          and visit www.thebattleoflundyslane.ca

          Janice is a Niagara Falls (Ontario) city councillor and along with her significant other, Bill Colclough, they have been leading the charge.