Re: 1807 Book of Etiquette for the Apprentice

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 15 6:25 AM
      Thanks Len
      I agree with David. No dancing?! No music?!
      On the other hand, I often wondered if George went back in time to write his rules. George, it's the 18th century not the 16th. Being a revolutionary, he must have learned his middle class values and prose from his greatest ally - King Louis XVI or maybe it was King Charles III of Spain or more likely William V of Holland. I guess whoever was handing out free guns, ships and troops.
      On another off era topic: in honour of today, why not have a Caesar!
      Just my two cents from British North America.
      Jim