Empire Corset Making at the Niagara Falls History Museum March 23-24

  • milner_jon
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2013
      On March 23rd/24th Spencer's Mercantile will be performing an Empire Corsetry Workshopat Niagara Falls Museums! (5810 Ferry Street, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, L2G 1S9; 905-358-5082)

      Time: 9am-4pm on Saturday March 23rd & 9am-3pm on Sunday March 24th (participants must attend both days of the workshop)

      Cost: $175, there are only 8 spaces available!

      You only need to bring: fabric scissors, pins, a sewing machine, hand sewing needles, a seam ripper, and any other sewing accessories that you like to use.

      You will be provided with: fabrics, bones, notions, lacing, and everything else needed to make a corset.

      Description: This intensive weekend workshop is focused on building an empire corset (stay) that will fit you smoothly and will give you the correct shape for the period. It will also give you the confidence to wear a properly cut empire neckline! Working with your choice of two different patterns, one of which is for a short stay, and the other for a long-line stay, you'll learn about fitting corsetry, creating smooth curved seams, insertions of boning and busks, lining, casing, eyelets, and a myriad of other details that are critical to a good fit and smooth finish. You'll also determine which type of corset suits your particular body, and why. Each class member's corset will end up different from everyone else's! The kit fee includes fabrics, bones, notions, lacing, and everything that you will need to put your corset together. Participants are requested to bring fabric scissors, pins, a sewing machine, hand sewing needles, a seam ripper, and any other sewing accessories that you like to use. Experience sewing by machine is required for successful completion of this workshop.
    • milner_jon
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 14, 2013
        Attention all:

        Thank you so much for your interest, unfortunately due to an emergency we are going to have to postpone the event until further notice. I will post the new dates as soon as we find out.
        Thank you for your interest!

        Cheers,
        Jonathan