Winter Shako

  • stuartmurray1812
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2013
      Hello all,
      I have been interested in this subject for a very long time and have put some research into it but i still am unsure. I have been told be experts that is was a personally made item and that it was only a cover for the shako made out of fur. On the other hand i have been told it was military issue and they were completely separate shakos. My questions are as follows:
      1. Which one is correct.
      2.What units were issued with them.
      3. Where were they stored during the non-winter months.
      Cheers
      Stuart