100th Regiment Belt Plates for Grenadiers

  • william2bc
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2013
      Hello Everyone,

      I have seen various examples of enlisted belt plates for the 100th and they have all been the same version a crown above the number 100. Today, I was surprised by an email from someone who also has an interest in the 100th.

      He sent me a picture that shows a belt plate very similar in shape and with the same style 100 marking with the difference being that it has a stylized grenade over the number 100. It is in the Fort Niagara Museum and is said to have been used by the grenadier company.

      Does anyone know about this being done for the grenadiers of the 100th or any other regiments and if it was, would the light company have plates with a bugle?

      Thanks
      William
      www.100thregiment.org
    • Kevin Windsor
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2013
        Hi William, I have also seen this done with the Grenadiers of the 49th Reg't. It was a portrait of one of the Officers of the Company.
        It was good to meet you last weekend!
        Kevin WindsorRNR

        To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com