Re: 100th Regiment of Foot

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 19 2:06 PM
      Very cool.
      Are you portraying the unit?

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "william2bc" <william@...> wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,
      >
      > I am fairly new to the group and to 1812 re-enacting having joined the Fencibles in late 2011 and enjoyed my first big event at Fanshawe.
      >
      > For those interested, I have been working on researching the 100th Regt and have setup both a website and Facebook page. It's a work in progress and I do what I can in my spare time.
      >
      > Please take a look when you have a minute and feel free to contact me if you would like to chat.
      >

      > www.100thregiment.org
      >
      > http://www.facebook.com/100thregiment?ref=hl
      >
      > Thanks
      > William

    • william2bc
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 19 5:29 PM
        Hello Jim,

        We are hoping too. What is planned is a heritage interpretation program for the Ottawa area similar to what can be seen in Halifax, Montreal, Toronto.

        We dont have a fort or anything but the plan is to do displays on a rotating basis at local museums, heritage sites, and parks. If there is interest, the unit may attend some re-enactments but that is not the focus.

        We will be launching it next week so if anyone in the Ottawa area is interested, please let me know.

        William