100th Regiment of Foot

  • william2bc
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hello Everyone,

      I am fairly new to the group and to 1812 re-enacting having joined the Fencibles in late 2011 and enjoyed my first big event at Fanshawe.

      For those interested, I have been working on researching the 100th Regt and have setup both a website and Facebook page. It's a work in progress and I do what I can in my spare time.

      Please take a look when you have a minute and feel free to contact me if you would like to chat.

      www.100thregiment.org

      http://www.facebook.com/100thregiment?ref=hl

      Thanks
      William
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
        Very cool.
        Are you portraying the unit?

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "william2bc" <william@...> wrote:

        > Hello Everyone,
        >
        > I am fairly new to the group and to 1812 re-enacting having joined the Fencibles in late 2011 and enjoyed my first big event at Fanshawe.
        >
        > For those interested, I have been working on researching the 100th Regt and have setup both a website and Facebook page. It's a work in progress and I do what I can in my spare time.
        >
        > Please take a look when you have a minute and feel free to contact me if you would like to chat.
        >

        > www.100thregiment.org
        >
        > http://www.facebook.com/100thregiment?ref=hl
        >
        > Thanks
        > William

      • william2bc
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
          Hello Jim,

          We are hoping too. What is planned is a heritage interpretation program for the Ottawa area similar to what can be seen in Halifax, Montreal, Toronto.

          We dont have a fort or anything but the plan is to do displays on a rotating basis at local museums, heritage sites, and parks. If there is interest, the unit may attend some re-enactments but that is not the focus.

          We will be launching it next week so if anyone in the Ottawa area is interested, please let me know.

          William