War of 1812 Tall Ship Event - Looking for Participants

  • David Brunelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2013
      Penetanguishene & Midland, Ontario, Canada

      August 24th & 25th/2013

      The Southern Georgian Bay region will play host to a vast array of events,
      activities and projects from 2013 to 2014 to commemorate the 200th
      anniversary of the War of 1812, focusing on our region's rich military and
      marine heritage. The highlight for 2013 will be the return of Tall ShipsR to
      the Southern Georgian Bay region as part of the TALL SHIPSR 1812 Tour. The
      ports of Penetanguishene and Midland will be hosting up to as many as 10
      Tall ShipsR on August 24th and 25th as part of a Pan Provincial event that
      will travel throughout Ontario during the summer of 2013, commemorating the
      bicentennial of the War of 1812.

      The Towns of Midland and Penetanguishene are looking to host an early 19th
      Century/War of 1812 encampment in conjunction with this two day TALL SHIPSR
      1812 Tour event and are looking specifically looking for the following:

      British & American Military Units, Individuals & Encampments

      Long Boat Crews and Boats with Cannons/Naval Encampments

      Fife and Drum Groups
      Period Demonstrators, Artisans, Entertainers and Merchants
      Native, Voyageur, Buckskinner Units, Individuals & Encampments
      Artillery Crews and Cannons/Artillery Encampments

      If you have a special unique 19th century talent not listed above we would
      also like to hear from you!

      This is a paid event for all participants and you will be compensated for
      attending and providing wholesome education and public orientated
      programming. A reminder that this event is a little different from normal
      re-enactments as all participants are being compensated for attending and
      during the event you are required to cater and interact with the public.
      First person interpretations and historical portrayals are stressed and
      encouraged as much as possible.

      If you are available to attend the event please submit a proposal with the
      following information from you or your unit/group:

      1. Name, Address, Postal Code, Phone Number and E-mail address
      2. A description of what you have to offer in regards to talent,
      demonstrations, exhibits, entertainment, encampments etc.
      3. Any promotional materials, pictures, website addresses, flyers, cd, etc.
      promoting yourself or your group
      4. How many performances, interpretations, and presentations you would
      perform if applicable.
      5. How much it would cost for participating in this two day event.
      6. Please submit your proposals to David J. Brunelle at:

      Email - davidbrunelle@...

      Please submit proposals as soon as possible the Committee will be making
      decisions on an ongoing basis as to which proposals we will be accepting for
      the event. I thank you all in advance for submitting your proposals as you
      are more than aware that all proposals submitted may not be selected for
      the event.

      We look forward to receiving everyone's proposals and if you have any
      questions feel free to contact me anytime!

      David J. Brunelle
      Co-ordinator Historical Displays/Exhibits
      TALL SHIPSR 1812 - Midland & Penetanguishene

      nicely and it will be done!