Re: 1812 Prairie du Chien dates

  • annwass2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16, 2013
      I have made this plea before, but I will make it again. Please don't assume we all have a great knowledge of geography (although perhaps we should, and there is Google.) When posting for an event like this, please indicate at least the state or province.

      Thank you!

      Ann Wass

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
        Prairie du Chien, Wi = Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin . I remember they used to have events while I was still in Ontario and I wished I was able to afford to travel that far. Alas, I'm even farther away now. Good luck with the event - it sounds like an interesting site.

        Kathryn

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
          Ann, it says WI for Wisconsin.  Since it is a border state, it seemed reasonable
          to expect it would be recognized.  PdC is on the western edge, right on the
          Mississippi River.  Making it the western-most action of the war involving
          regulars.

          Michael

          No act of kindness, however small is ever wasted. -- Aesop

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
            There was Ann. Michael stated it was in WI

            Kevin

            To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
            From: annbwass@...
            Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 01:11:42 -0500