Re: 1812 Problems with The Rifle Shoppe...

  • Matt Lanteigne
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 16, 2013
      Well that's bad news for me. :(

      Thanks John.

      Matt

      On 16/02/2013 12:19 PM, John Ogden wrote:

      > Their products are first-rate, but their customer service can be
      > less-than-stellar. Waits of a year or two between payment and receipt of
      > goods are not unknown.
      >
      > On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Matt Lanteigne
      > matt_lanteigne@... <mailto:matt_lanteigne%40cogeco.ca>>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > I've spent the last month and a half attempting to get in touch with
      > > "The Rifle Shoppe". I've emailed and left voice messages. I really want
      > > to give them some money for a new stock for my musket, but haven't
      > > received a reply.
      > >
      > > Anyone else dealt with them, or perhaps heard about something that is
      > > preventing them from replying? A meteor maybe?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Matt Lanteigne
      > >

      > --
      > John J. Ogden

      *Matt Lanteigne*
      AKA - Lorny or Magnus

    • Harry
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 17, 2013
        Matt,
        I've been getting stuff from TRS since 1990. They are a small custom operation (father, son and a few employees). From my communications with them, they have had problems getting and keeping skilled craftsmen. And I suspect they have an huge backlog of work and orders.

        True, customer service is not their strong point, but IMHO they are the only game in town for quality pieces. Be patient, persistant and polite; your order will be filled...eventually :-)

        Harry
        3rd Coy, 1st RS

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Matt Lanteigne <matt_lanteigne@...> wrote:

        > Well that's bad news for me. :(
        >
        > Thanks John.
        >
        > Matt
        >

        > On 16/02/2013 12:19 PM, John Ogden wrote:
        > >
        > > Their products are first-rate, but their customer service can be
        > > less-than-stellar. Waits of a year or two between payment and receipt of
        > > goods are not unknown.
        > >
        > > On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Matt Lanteigne
        > > matt_lanteigne@... <mailto:matt_lanteigne%40cogeco.ca>>wrote:
        > >
        > > > **
        > > >

        > > > I've spent the last month and a half attempting to get in touch with
        > > > "The Rifle Shoppe". I've emailed and left voice messages. I really want
        > > > to give them some money for a new stock for my musket, but haven't
        > > > received a reply.
        > > >
        > > > Anyone else dealt with them, or perhaps heard about something that is
        > > > preventing them from replying? A meteor maybe?
        > > >
        > > > Thanks,
        > > >
        > > > Matt Lanteigne
        > > >

        > > --
        > > John J. Ogden

        > --
        > *Matt Lanteigne*
        > AKA - Lorny or Magnus

      • Mark Dickerson
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 19, 2013
          I had problems with them getting back to me as well. I just kept calling
          until I actually got a living person on the other end of the line. Once
          that happened, then I was able to place my order and I received my items in
          a timely fashion. But the stuff I ordered were items that they did have in
          stock, so I didn't have to wait for any manufacturing time.

          Mark Dickerson

          _._,___