Prairie du Chien dates

  • Michael Mathews
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16, 2013
      The reeanctment at Prairie du Chien, WI will be held July 13-14 with set-up on
      the 12th.  Lunches provided both days and the main dish Saturday evening.
      Powder ration on Sunday for those both days (or I suppose just Sunday).  Reenact
      on the historic site around a rebuilt blockhouse and in the shadow of a
      Victorian mansion.  Oh, and a massive fireworks show Saturday night.

      Cheers,
      Michael Mathews

    • annwass2000
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16, 2013
        I have made this plea before, but I will make it again. Please don't assume we all have a great knowledge of geography (although perhaps we should, and there is Google.) When posting for an event like this, please indicate at least the state or province.

        Thank you!

        Ann Wass

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
          Prairie du Chien, Wi = Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin . I remember they used to have events while I was still in Ontario and I wished I was able to afford to travel that far. Alas, I'm even farther away now. Good luck with the event - it sounds like an interesting site.

          Kathryn

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
            Ann, it says WI for Wisconsin.  Since it is a border state, it seemed reasonable
            to expect it would be recognized.  PdC is on the western edge, right on the
            Mississippi River.  Making it the western-most action of the war involving
            regulars.

            Michael

            No act of kindness, however small is ever wasted. -- Aesop

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
              There was Ann. Michael stated it was in WI

              Kevin

              To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
              From: annbwass@...
              Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 01:11:42 -0500