War of 1812 Veterans Photographs

  • ebfletch1
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2013
      I would like to encourage everyone to do a google search for photo's of War of 1812 Veterans, also search for photos of Revolutionary War Veterans" Many of them fought in the war of 1812.".
      It was cool to see actual people who fought in both wars. I even found a video that showed the Funeral per-session for Hiram Cronk, who was the last surviving veteran of the war of 1812. Hiram passed away in May 1905. You can watch it on Youtube.
      Along with the photos of these men, there were interviews and stories about their lives. It was cool to read about their insight on the Civil War. The vast majority of them sided with the Union, and even a few of them fought for the Union, even at their advanced age. It made the War of 1812 even more real to me to see these men.
      I booked marked many of the web pages I found if anyone is interested I can give them to you.

      Eric Fletcher