Two items for sale/trade

  • John Ogden
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2013
      All-

      I am selling/trading two items.

      Item #1: Navy Arms 1777 Charleville pistol, .69 caliber. Not sure of
      the exact age, it may well date back to the Bicentennial years. Sparks
      well. Asking $350 US, shipping included. As a caveat, research for
      yourself whether or not this piece is legal to own in your home
      state/municipality. Sorry, Canada.

      Item #2: Long Land Pattern Brown Bess (1742 variant: double bridled
      lock; wooden rammer) assembled from Rifle Shop parts. Assembled in
      stages by multiple stockers: first work performed by the late Phil
      Cravener, this piece was in his shop when he became too ill to work
      and then passed on. Upon recovering the piece, I passed it to a new
      builder who had to give up when his first child was born. I have tried
      to finish the piece, but have run out of free time and spare funds to
      pay someone else to do it. Functionally, this means that the quality
      of the workmanship is variable. The barrel is proofed and the lock
      functions nicely. The issues, resulting from the number of hands that
      have touched this project are: the inletting on the buttplate is not
      perfect and could use some more effort; the ramrod could use a bit
      more tapering as it sticks coming in and out of the pipes; the apron
      at the rear of the lock has had a bit too much wood removed (this is
      an aesthetic issue and does not impair functionality); the bayonet lug
      seems to have been mounted oddly, making it difficult to fix the TRS
      bayonet. This could be remedied by removing and re-soldering it in
      place. So having listed the faults, all of which seem remediable in
      the hands of the right person, I am asking $850 (slightly less than
      the cost of the parts from Rifle Shoppe), shipping inside CONUS
      included.

      Pictures of either piece can be had upon request. Thank you and good night.

      --
      John J. Ogden
    • John Ogden
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2013
        As a follow up, I am willing to consider trades: let me know what you
        have to offer.

        --
        John J. Ogden
      • John Ogden
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 23, 2013
          All both items are now off the market. Thank you for the interest.

          --
          John J. Ogden