Coat Question

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2013
      Hello Group!
      Does anyone know off the top of their head what style of coat was being issued by the Plattsburg Depot in 1813? I am doing research on the 33rd US and cant find a description of the coat. All it says is "Coat" on the returns and requisitions I can find. Silly of these people not to describe their coats for future generations, LOL. Any help is appreciated!

      Steve
    • Mark Dickerson
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2013
        Try looking in Rene Chartrand's book "A Most Warlike Appearance". There is
        another book out there, "The United States Army in the War of 1812" by John
        C Fredriksen. He lists the operational history of each regiment with a bio
        of their commanding officer(s).

        Mark D