Re: Sad News

  • jbwhittaker
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 7, 2013
      This so much more eloquent than my post and truly speaks of Nancy. Thank you Kim for these words.
      Bruce

      Seko Akwekon, Hello All,

      It is hard to tell you and with great sorrow to tell you that Nancy Jensen has crossed over. She was a stalwart companion to Bert Summerhaze, a reenactor for several years, and a dear friend to all who knew her. Her helpful bag of goodies at camp were always there and freely given as were her sunny smiles. Nancy will be sorely missed in the Native Allies camp. Nancy also was a stalwart, contributing member of the British Native Allies and, later, The Upper Canada Native Allies; one of the last times that I saw her, she, amongst others had their hands dirty in clay mud, making pottery in the old way with coils...we still have to pit fire these; and will do so to honour the lady!
      Our condolences, Bert.

      Onen kiwahi, be seeing you, Kim Lundberg

      This from Bert:

      .....Nancy had been sick with mesothelioma for the past six months . It had been a up hill struggle to beat this horrible disease . Yesterday she was taken by
      ambulance to South Lake Hospital where she passed this morning at
      around 8;00 If anyone is interested in coming to honour her passing it
      will be In Sutton Forrest and Taylor funeral home (# 905-722-3274)
      on Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 2 pm.
    • roy winders
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 7, 2013
        Kim,
        on behalf of my unit, would you please extend our most heartfelt sympathies to Bert.
        Thanks.
        Roy.