Sad news

  • jbwhittaker
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2013
      Bert Summerhayes has asked me to let the 1812 community know that Nancy lost her fight with mesothelioma this morning.
      Bert and Nancy are long time reenactors, most recently with the British Native Allies. Please forgive me if I am missing anything.
      I held Nancy in the highest regard. I knew her as kind, generous and gentle lady and I will miss her.
      I will post more information as I get it.
      Best regards,
      Bruce Whittaker
    • S J McLean
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2014
        Jim Hough of the Forsythe Rifles in Ogdensburg has passed away after a brief illness.

        Sue McLean

      • spencersmerc
        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2016

          It's with sorrow that I must report that weaver Peg Kellins passed away on Thursday. She was active to the last -- was planning to come out to Stoney Creek this weekend, in fact -- and, as her daughter days, she passed away doing exactly what she wanted. She was in Newfoundland visiting family at the time of her passing, and the day before she left, she had gone out in a boat and touched a 3000 year old iceberg.

          Her funeral is Thursday at 10:00 am - details here:

          Smith-LeRoy Funeral Home - Serving Woodstock and Oxford County

          She'll be much missed.

          In sorrow,

          -- Susan

        • Kim Lundberg