RE: 1812 Battle of the Thames-2013

  • Tom Hurlbut
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 4, 2013
      Awesome!

      I certainly won't miss this event!

      "Major" Tom

      _____

      From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Mark Dickerson

      We have purchased our own insurance just for this event, and it's not cheap.[snip]
    • Paul Watson
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 4, 2013
        The 21st US will be there.

        Sounds like an excellent way to wind down the 2013 season.

        Paul

      • Kim Lundberg
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 6, 2013
          Seko Akwekon,

             Niaweh Kowa!!
             What a great event to commemorate the last effort by Tecumseh and the Native Allies!!
             An absolutely astonishing crowd!
             Bravo to the organizers and site staff, (except- directions on Thursday were a little weird).
             Thank you to all the participants, some of whom came form very far away to represent the Shawnees in particular!
             The American troops & cavalry were splendid, the British withdrawal.and surrender gracious and, the native Allies acquit themselves with honour.   All put on a great show as well.
              Thank you to all the elders who came to support the cause and help bolster all spirits.
              Thank you to the Evening Star, the shooting comet and, that marvelous flock of geese.
              Thank you Creator for giving us the opportunity to do all that was accomplished this past weekend.

          Niaweh Kowa, Gichi Megwich,

          Kim Lundberg, War Chief of the Upper Canada Woodland Allies

          On 01/31/13, Mark Dickerson <mdickerson1@...> wrote:

          We are providing raw food (beef, veggies, bread) which you will have to cook
          yourself. We are also trying to negotiate breakfast so you don't have to
          cook in the morning (probably typical pancakes), a free dance with live
          music and a dance caller (Joe Q. Public has to buy tickets to this) and free
          bussing all night long to the dance so that nobody has to drive. There is
          also a 'gift' which will be kept surprise for now. Plus the typical
          firewood, but no straw. We are also trying to contract onsite showers.

          Anybody that is set up on Friday morning will be provided a lunch as well.

          We are also budgeting money to anybody that brings a 'trained' horse. We
          have not determined this cost yet and you have to contact me first. You
          just can't show up with a horse and say "Give me money".

          And if anybody wants, I will give them a personal tour of the farm that I
          grew up on.

          How does that sound Kevin? Tempted? I am open to suggestions as well if
          you have any good ideas.

          Mark Dickerson

          From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
          Of Kevin Windsor

          Subject: RE: 1812 Battle of the Thames-2013

          Mark what is the site providing for re-enactors?

          Kevin

          _._,___