RE: 1812 Battle of the Thames-2013

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 1, 2013
      I am tempted now you evil seductress!!

      KW

      From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Mark Dickerson

      How does that sound Kevin? Tempted? I am open to suggestions as well if
      you have any good ideas.

      Mark Dickerson

      __

    • HAROLD DENNISON
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 1, 2013
        You had "me" at...."reenactment"!!!! :)

        Hal Dennison

        From: Kevin Windsor

        From: Mark Dickerson

        How does that sound Kevin? Tempted? I am open to suggestions as well if
        you have any good ideas.

        Mark Dickerson
      • Terry
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 1, 2013
          Mark,
          Isn't there a an insurance conflict if horses are on site at reenactments?

          Terry
        • Adrian Rittner
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 1, 2013
            Is the horse for the free dance? If so, save the last dance for me.

            Adrian Rittner
          • Charles Fitton
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 4, 2013
              The horse is still in there...(accountants will laugh at that)

              WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com writes:

              >Is the horse for the free dance? If so, save the last dance for me.
              >
              >Adrian Rittner
            • Mark Dickerson
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 4, 2013
                We have purchased our own insurance just for this event, and it's not cheap.
                Anybody that comes to the Battle of the Thames MUST sign in and register as
                a volunteer of the committee in order to be covered under our insurance
                policy. It is for $5 000 000. This is the same procedure used by Parks
                Canada sites where there are horses (ie. Ft George last October)

                Mark Dickerson

                Isn't there a an insurance conflict if horses are on site at reenactments?

                Terry

              • Tom Hurlbut
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 4, 2013
                  Awesome!

                  I certainly won't miss this event!

                  "Major" Tom

                  _____

                  From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
                  Of Mark Dickerson

                  We have purchased our own insurance just for this event, and it's not cheap.[snip]
                • Paul Watson
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 4, 2013
                    The 21st US will be there.

                    Sounds like an excellent way to wind down the 2013 season.

                    Paul

                  • Kim Lundberg
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 6, 2013
                      Seko Akwekon,

                         Niaweh Kowa!!
                         What a great event to commemorate the last effort by Tecumseh and the Native Allies!!
                         An absolutely astonishing crowd!
                         Bravo to the organizers and site staff, (except- directions on Thursday were a little weird).
                         Thank you to all the participants, some of whom came form very far away to represent the Shawnees in particular!
                         The American troops & cavalry were splendid, the British withdrawal.and surrender gracious and, the native Allies acquit themselves with honour.   All put on a great show as well.
                          Thank you to all the elders who came to support the cause and help bolster all spirits.
                          Thank you to the Evening Star, the shooting comet and, that marvelous flock of geese.
                          Thank you Creator for giving us the opportunity to do all that was accomplished this past weekend.

                      Niaweh Kowa, Gichi Megwich,

                      Kim Lundberg, War Chief of the Upper Canada Woodland Allies

                      On 01/31/13, Mark Dickerson <mdickerson1@...> wrote:

                      We are providing raw food (beef, veggies, bread) which you will have to cook
                      yourself. We are also trying to negotiate breakfast so you don't have to
                      cook in the morning (probably typical pancakes), a free dance with live
                      music and a dance caller (Joe Q. Public has to buy tickets to this) and free
                      bussing all night long to the dance so that nobody has to drive. There is
                      also a 'gift' which will be kept surprise for now. Plus the typical
                      firewood, but no straw. We are also trying to contract onsite showers.

                      Anybody that is set up on Friday morning will be provided a lunch as well.

                      We are also budgeting money to anybody that brings a 'trained' horse. We
                      have not determined this cost yet and you have to contact me first. You
                      just can't show up with a horse and say "Give me money".

                      And if anybody wants, I will give them a personal tour of the farm that I
                      grew up on.

                      From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
                      Of Kevin Windsor

                      Mark what is the site providing for re-enactors?

                      Kevin

                      _._,___