Re: 1812 Prairie du Chien event

  • Michael Mathews
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 30, 2013
      It *should* be July 18-20 but has not been formally announced.  They have a new
      site manager coming on board so nothing is guaranteed, though 2014 will be the
      200th anniversary AND part of the historic dates.  Still, in these days of
      declining monies and strange priorities I take nothing for granted.

      Michael

      No act of kindness, however small is ever wasted. -- Aesop

      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 10, 2013
        Not only are tricorns not common by 1812 being worn more for ceremonial purposes by very old gents,they are, for a farmer in UC very impractical.
        They provide little or no protection from the elements and require far more upkeep than a wide brim slouch hat which was very common among farmers.

        Sent from my iPhone