US cockade eagles

  • pfcschultz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2013
      I bought a cockade eagle and cockade for my militia top hat, and when I received it, I found it had 3 holes for stitching it to the leather cockade. All of the pictures I have seen of originals have wire backs. What is the consensus between the two? If the 3 holer is legitimate, what is best for stitching it on? Sinew?
      Thanks,
      John
    • gary beauregard
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2013
        We have restrored six original Tombstone shakos and none had holes for a cockade.