1812 NOAA Charts

  • Peggy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 25, 2013
      Hey all you naval types,

      While you while away the winter, just for fun have a look at these commemorative War of 1812 charts from NOAA's booklet chart project.
      http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/WarOf1812/index.html

      Peggy

    • annwass2000
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 26, 2013
        Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing.

        Ann Wass
      • Fred Briggs
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 26, 2013
          Peggy:

          I'm very interested in seeing those charts, but the link doesn't
          work. Please check it, and correct it if you can.

          Fred

          On 25/01/2013 9:12 PM, Peggy wrote:

          > Hey all you naval types,
          >
          > While you while away the winter, just for fun have a look at these
          > commemorative War of 1812 charts from NOAA's booklet chart project.
          > http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/WarOf1812/index.html
          >
          > Peggy

        • peg11thgen
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 28, 2013
            Hi Fred, sorry it didn't work- try it now- it works for me.
            http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/WarOf1812/index.html
            or
            http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/WarOf1812/

            If you can't get it, just try googling NOAA charts 1812 and see if you can get to it that way.

            Peggy

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Fred Briggs wrote:

            > Peggy:
            >
            > I'm very interested in seeing those charts, but the link doesn't
            > work. Please check it, and correct it if you can.
            >
            > Fred
            >
            > On 25/01/2013 9:12 PM, Peggy wrote:
            > >

            > > Hey all you naval types,
            > >
            > > While you while away the winter, just for fun have a look at these
            > > commemorative War of 1812 charts from NOAA's booklet chart project.
            > > http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/WarOf1812/index.html
            > >
            > > Peggy

          • Fred Briggs
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 29, 2013
              Peggy:

              I'd already tried every small correction I could think of, and
              googled NOAA and failed to connect. I've tried using different browsers,
              and a different computer, but nothing works, and I don't have any
              problem with other sites. However, I have found that it is about the
              Atlantic Ocean, and I was hoping for old 1812 charts of Lake Ontario!
              Maybe they have been targeted by Anonymous! Thanks for your
              help anyway.

              Fred

              [Sounds like you need a computer geek to solve this one. Jim Yaworsky, Moderator]