Re: A battlefield from the War of 1812 is 'frozen in time'

  • Main acct (Imap)
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 25, 2013
      The list may be interested in a programme scheduled on Radio 4 of the BBC in the UK, at 09:00 (GMT) on Thursday 31 Jan 2013 in the excellent "In our time" series presented by Melvin Bragg with three noted academics discuss "The War of 1812.

      The series is one of the history jewels on the BBC and covers a very wide range of topics through determined but polite discussion!

      *(* ~ Peter.catley@...

      On 25 Jan 2013, at 00:53, HQ93rd@... wrote:

      > Nice!
      > http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-maryland-battlefield-20130120,0,7463090.story
      >
      > 93rd SHRoFLHU
      > THE Thin Red Line
      > www.93rdhighlanders.com
      > www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders
      > www.new.facebook.com/people/Sutherland_Highlanders/1120912511

    • Ian Gardner
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 25, 2013
        Caught this news item about the Lundy's Lane Battlefield

        http://bit.ly/Lundys_Lane_lost

        "Apartments to be built on battle site"

        A school directly adjoining the present battlefield site/cemetery closes
        and all the local city council can think to do with it is develop it? I
        thought we'd left this sort of 'pave-it-all' ethos behind us in the
        '50s.

        What gives?

        Ian