A battlefield from the War of 1812 is 'frozen in time'

  • hq93rd
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2013
      Nice!
      http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-maryland-battlefield-20130120,0,7463090.story

      93rd SHRoFLHU
      THE Thin Red Line
      www.93rdhighlanders.com
      www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders
      www.new.facebook.com/people/Sutherland_Highlanders/1120912511

    • Main acct (Imap)
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 25, 2013
        The list may be interested in a programme scheduled on Radio 4 of the BBC in the UK, at 09:00 (GMT) on Thursday 31 Jan 2013 in the excellent "In our time" series presented by Melvin Bragg with three noted academics discuss "The War of 1812.

        The series is one of the history jewels on the BBC and covers a very wide range of topics through determined but polite discussion!

        *(* ~ Peter.catley@...

        On 25 Jan 2013, at 00:53, HQ93rd@... wrote:

        > Nice!
        > http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-maryland-battlefield-20130120,0,7463090.story
        >
        > 93rd SHRoFLHU
        > THE Thin Red Line
        > www.93rdhighlanders.com
        > www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders
        > www.new.facebook.com/people/Sutherland_Highlanders/1120912511

      • Ian Gardner
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 25, 2013
          Caught this news item about the Lundy's Lane Battlefield

          http://bit.ly/Lundys_Lane_lost

          "Apartments to be built on battle site"

          A school directly adjoining the present battlefield site/cemetery closes
          and all the local city council can think to do with it is develop it? I
          thought we'd left this sort of 'pave-it-all' ethos behind us in the
          '50s.

          What gives?

          Ian